Business Course Permission Requests are used to request special permission
to enroll in a class for which you may not have
the prerequisites or other qualifications to enter.
- Course permission requests should be submitted for classes which have open seats only!
- It will take two-three weeks to receive a response regarding a course permission request.
- Each Course Permission request will be reviewed by the advisors in the Student Success Center.
- Then your request will be sent electronically to the department and instructor of the course for review.
- You will be notified via email as to whether or not permission has been granted.
- Course permission requests are for undergraduate business courses only.
- To register in MBA program courses (BADM), please contact the Director of the Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you submit a Course Permission Request:
- Review the prerequisites and qualifications for the class.
- Make sure you have tried to add the class through MyNevada.
- Assess your own qualifications and reasons for requesting the class.
- Meet all of the criteria outlined below in the Course Permission Request Policy.
COURSE PERMSISION REQUEST POLICY
In order to submit a lack prerequisites course permission request for an upper-division business class, please ensure that you have met the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in classes to complete the pre-business core
- Must be enrolled in any remaining core curriculum coursework (students will not be required to take more than one CH course in a given semester)
- All relevant transfer coursework must be visible in MyNEVADA
- Must have a current cumulative 2.0 UNR GPA
- General Studies majors must have completed three lower-division business classes with a 2.0 or better to be considered for entry into an upper-division business course
Please make sure to thoroughly explain your situation in the Student Comments section of the Course Permission Request. Specifically address the following:
- Why aren’t you able to enroll?
- Current UNR GPA (check unofficial transcript in MyNEVADA).
- List any core curriculum or pre-business core classes that you have left to complete (i.e. ENG 102; MATH 176; Core Fine Arts; CH 203; ECON 262; ACC 202; MKT 210).
If you do not meet the criteria above, do not submit a Course Permission Request for a business class. It will be automatically denied. You can email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Enter your 10 digit NSHE ID number to continue:
Zeros are required: (I.e.,